The Council of the Town of Battleford consists of one mayor and six councilors. Elected in 2016, these individuals will serve a four-year term.
Mayor - Ames Leslie
Councillor - Shelley Boutin-Gervais
Councillor - Doug Laing
Councillor - Judy Pruden
Councillor - Kevin Russell
Learning from the past, growing for tomorrow.
- Facilitating a safe, family friendly, and multicultural community.
- Building an inclusive, diverse, and economically vibrant community.
- The Town will be effective, efficient, and sensitive to community needs.
- Safety: The Town of Battleford is a safe and friendly community addressing neighbourhood concerns.
- Sustainable Infrastructure: Ensure the Town's infrastructure is reliable and sustainable sustaining Battleford's quality of life, facilitating economic success, and remaining competitive.
- Organizational Effectiveness: Town elected and appointed officials are professional and knowledgeable who are trusted to be wise stewards of Town resources.
- Economic Development: To ensure the ongoing socio-economic vitality of Battleford.
- Quality of Life: The Town of Battleford facilitates opportunities for individuals and groups to be fulfilled.
To learn more about Council's Strategic Priorities please see the Battleford Strategic Plan.
Council's Governance Role
Vision: Council determines what Battleford will be today and in the future.
Budget: Council allocates resources to achieve its vision and holds administration accountable for the achievement of Council’s vision.
Bylaws: Council uses bylaws to facilitate its vision.
Community Relations: Council is a link between residents and administration ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of services according to the level of service determined by Council.
Inter-Governmental Relations: Council manages relations with other jurisdictions at all levels to achieve Council’s vision.
Policies: Council uses policies to equip Administration to achieve Council’s vision.